6 Romantic Reasons to Visit Glenelg
Posted by Eliza Lawson on 9 February 2021
Six reasons Glenelg should be at the top of your list for a romantic night out:
- Stunning sunsets - who doesn’t love a romantic sunset? Glenelg is notorious for putting on a show with their vibrant sunsets! Great excuse for the yawn and arm around your ‘special friend’!
- Plenty of places for a leisurely stroll - aside from the beautiful Glenelg beach, both the marina and Patawalonga river are bound to give you the perfect excuse for hand holding.
- Mix 102.3 Ferris Wheel. It is only here certain times in the year, but what better excuse to stare longingly in one another’s eyes as you take in some of Glenelg’s best views.
- Variety of places to drink. If a ‘casual drink’ is more your scene, Glenelg has a variety of bars to suit your needs including; Fourth, The Moseley Bar or the Stamford Grand.
- Variety of places to eat. Whether you are trying to impress someone with a high-end meal or are after a cheaper option, Glenelg has you covered.
Seafood dining includes; Cardones Seafood and Grill, SheShells Restaurant and Sammy’s on the Marina. Equally as delicious but more affordable options include the Oyster Bar (self explanatory), Green Tea House for Vietnamiese cuisine and Mama Carmela’s for Italian.
- Glenelg has a variety of dessert options including Doughballs (yes exactly how it sounds), Bracegirdle’s and Gelatissimo.
A romantic sunset, a ferris wheel, a variety of food and drink options followed by dessert hopefully accompanied with some good conversation. What more could you want?!